Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'M GOING TO JAPAN!

Well, as the title states, I'M GOING TO JAPAN!!!!!!!!!! (I think, but I'll talk about this later in the post) I applied back in January for six different scholarships to Japan with the impression that I had little to no chance of getting accepted. Thankfully, I was wrong! ;) I sent YFU an email on Sunday but never received a reply so; I sent another one during my study hall and received a response within twenty minutes informing me that I won the Japan America Friendship Scholarship! I was in such shock that I actually asked the person sitting next to me to read it and confirm it said what I read. I would have gone ballistic, but the library there was full of people watching me. Two periods after study hall, I received a picture message from my mom of the envelope containing my acceptance letter. At that point, I felt like I couldn't hold it in but I managed. Next period I had Japanese and I have to say, my teacher was probably just as excited as I was. Anyway, the last two periods flew by and next thing I knew, I was opening my acceptance letter and then I went ballistic. Luckily, no one was home to see. :D Then I looked through the information and saw a small slip of yellow paper (This is the part that I mentioned earlier that worries me)
It reads...

"Please note:

The Japanese government’s fiscal year begins in April and they are in the final stages of confirming the award for this scholarship program. They have not yet confirmed the award to YFU Japan, and we are eagerly anticipating final program confirmation shortly. We currently expect this to occur soon and you may assume that the program will move forward as scheduled. Should we learn of any change or cancellation, we will advise you immediately. Congratulations on your standing as a scholarship recipient!"

So, I am a little worried that something may occur and I won't go. Do you really think they could say we all aren't going at this point? Or pick or choose people to send if they can't send as many of us as anticipated? Who knows...

Well, that pretty much sums up this post. I'll post information as I get it. Wow, in 38 days or less, I will be on my way to California! This is so exciting! :D Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kevin! It's Irene. I'm super excited too >u<
    mind if I add you to my blogroll? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I'll add you to mine as well!

    ReplyDelete